Wednesday, August 01, 2007

'Cat'astrophe


Yes the Title is correct!!!

*sigh*

Ok it was a horrible afternoon today, my wonderful no fuss Cat Genie had a mishap. I do believe it to be partly my fault for letting it go as long as it did, but here's the story:

For the past couple of days I have noticed that I haven't been getting that nice fresh smell after the cat genie was done cleaning, but I paid it no mind, just thought maybe I was just being silly. Anyway, last night I realized that the water wasn't actually pumping into the unit and therefore nothing was draining, so all the cat poop was still inside the unit not getting dispensed. seeing as it was past 23:00 I wasn't going to call tech support and sit on the phone (I just knew I'd be on a while), so I left it for today.

DW goes down for his nap at 10:30 as always, and I try and get the cat genie going, but now I am 100% sure the water pipe to the genie is working fine, but water isn't going into the round unit containing the dirty litter....

so I get on the phone to tech support...

I'm told to disassemble the thing (basically) and he kept using damn names for the stuff, and I had no clue what he was on a bout (describe the damn piece of gear when you want me to locate it dammit!!). So here I am taking it apart...
now don't forget that it has been a while and I have two cats that poop a couple of times a day!!...


SO he wants me to take out the container that hold the poop *cringe* (note: I have a mild case of germaphobia!!), he says it opens like a book, so I open it over my toilet and try to empty the contents, but there is lots of hair stuck on the rod, and I can't pull it off with just a bounty sheet.... so I had to go get a knife.... (my bloody knife!!!) So now I'm completely grossed out, but this is nowhere near the end of it....

After I clean that out I see the bits of nasty water of cat poop lying at the bottom where it drains, and just quickly replace everything, re-assemble the entire unit, that is now splayed all over my bathroom floor... I plug it back into the socket and low and behold the damn thing won't switch on.

Now the guy tells me, ok re-open everything and clean it out...

I had to drag the whole thing over to my bath tub and fill it so I can drain it in the bathtub..... It has Cat Poop in it!!!! I about died!!!

Now I know I have cat poop juice on my floor, my clothes my hands, probably splashes on my face, my tub, my toilet, my feet... aaarghh the list grows.

After I do all this, I re-assemble the unit and finally it works, 30 min on the phone with tech support and cat poop on everything, the thing works...

I am so happy at this moment I don't notice my bathtub isn't draining and my toilet is blocked!!!!

I hang up the phone and see the bath still full of the liquified poop, now I have to use the plunger in my bathtub to get everything down, which I had to repeat about 10 times because it just would not work, then I filled the tub with boiling water and threw in a huge amount of laundry detergent with bleach to soak the tub, will have to scrub it later with bathroom cleaner *sigh*

Now the toilet... here is the plunger again, but luckily three plunges and it's unclogged...

I'm busy cleaning the floor and in walks DW who usually sleeps till 13:30 and it's only 12:00 *sigh* So I try to convince him to go watch TV while I finished (luckily it worked).

I felt so dirty I had to go have the hottest shower of my life!!!


What a CRAP day


2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my actual! That is soooo disgusting,but you know that I once had to plunge and touch my own poop cos I didn;t want my cousin (in San Diego) to know I had broken her toilet. I nearly hurled for two days and threw the human faeces in a bag then in a trashcan down the street. AWFUL!

LT said...

Whahahahahaha

That is the funniest....!!

I needed a laugh this morning!