Monday, October 20, 2008

Rota


We are finally in Rota, Spain.

I haven't written in a while, but with good reason, can you believe that we have been in our new home for a week and still do not have a phone line??

We are being told to wait about 5 more weeks for internet!!

WTF!!!


I just can't believe what we have gotten ourselves into.

Don't get me wrong, Spain is beautiful, getting off base and traveling around is amazing. The people are friendly and helpful, they are eager to help you with anything, even when you are struggling terribly in Spanish.

It's just base, you are surrounded by Navy 24/7, and yes we knew it would happen, I just hate that we were forced to move on base, only single people are allowed to live off of base, which I find rather idiotic.

We know an individual who moved off of base and by day two had phone and internet.

I just want to CRY!!


You can not know how secluded and out of place you feel when you have no internet, it will drive you insane!!

On top of that we had a bunch of our stuff stolen during the move..

Good bye Wii and XBOX... and 550 DVD's

oh well....


But alas once again I need to depart, it's rather late and DW needs to get to bed.


No comments: