Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Perdido Key




It has been a while since I have written anything, but since J has been home, there always seems to be something that comes up and I just don't get that chance to come on and write anything.

At the moment I am sitting in Perdido Key, FL, enjoying the view of the "river", (it's the ocean, but it's called a river due to it being in between land etc.), everyone seems to be out and about again today.
The jet ski's are out, the boats are going up and down, I really wish I had time to get on the river, hopefully that'll happen sometime soon.

It's amazing how the condos have been filling up with vacationers, the last two - three weeks have been families coming in and out, this week seems to be slower which is nice when you are wanting to take advantage of the pool. There's nothing worse than 6 kids playing around a pool, maybe it's just me, but I don't like it.

The weather has been really nice too, but it seems we are in for more rain, because Hurricane Dolly is hitting Texas right now, but it looks like it's moving west, so no issues for us yet.

The area is gorgeous, it is a hassle to go anywhere, because you are about a 30 minute drive from the closest grocery store, about an hour from any shopping areas, but it's definitely great to be away from anything military.

I hear thunder in the distance and there are still people tanning next to the pool, sometimes I wonder what goes on in peoples heads...







No comments: