Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The World Turns A Little Faster


Today was another turning point in our long road to not having to deal with immigration ever again.

Yesterday I went to speak to an Immigration Officer, to see where my package is in the process of citizenship, unfortunately it seems that even though we had orders to leave the US, these specific orders did not have myself and DW's names on it, on top of that the expedition request would only require the USCIS interview me 90 days before the actual leave date from the US, so we are still looking at a long ways to go. I was lucky enough to get a free pass to the office for a week to present this needed information.

I basically needed to get a form from J's Command stating DW and I are to accompany him to Rota, so off I went and scanned the form and sent it off, luckily J is really resourceful and got the form filled out and also sent more paperwork proving we are his dependents.. what a guy!!

However, because I have met the minimum requirements for marriage and for actual permanent residency, I should be able to expedite due to this, rather than the relocation, this will get me an earlier interview date ~ hopefully by June/July this year, so the other forms are being used as a backup plan...
you always need a backup.

Today I had all the paperwork and headed back to immigration with all my paperwork in hand, so now it's just a waiting game.

I really hope this goes through smoothly.


No comments: